This fish tacos recipe might come handy on any busy summer night. It is quick and simple and most importantly, absolutely delicious!
Preparation time 30 min
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 2 medium tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño finely chopped
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbs lime juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbs chipotle powder (optional)
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 pound mahi-mahi or any firm white-fleshed fish
- 12 6-inch fresh corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded kohlrabi (or white cabbage)
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro and jalapeño .
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise and yogurt until combined. Add lime juice, salt, black pepper and chipotle powder.
- In a medium bowl, dust fish surface with the flour and salt.
- Fry the fish on both sides over medium heat until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, lightly grease a skillet with a drizzle of oil and set over medium heat. Heat the corn tortillas, one at a time, until they are soft and hot.
- Top each tortilla with a slice of fish, tomato salsa andDrizzle with the yogurt sauce.Garnish with the carrot and kohlrabi mix.
Serve the fish tacos with your favorite white wine and enjoy!